Name:
Location: MO

Friday, January 06, 2006

Jimmy D

Jimmy Dean is a type of sausage, but this post is not about sausage. Unless you hate sausage than this post can be loosely said to be about sausage. If you like sausage than go back to my original statement and know that this is not about sausage. Although, I don’t care for sausage because it doesn’t agree with me. It doesn’t not agree with me in that it doesn’t agree with my premisses in an argument but it doesn’t agree with me in a more physiological sense. Anyway.

I realize that I have said this type of thing before but I must say it again. I find that as I come up with ideas for a post that in the mists of that brainstorm I think of many things and some of a more personal nature that I will not post but some other things/ideas that I find really funny that I can’t remember once I get to my computer. It is all terribly sad. It is sad for all of us. You see you are deprived of the enjoyment of a good laugh and I am deprived of the enjoyment of hearing a good laugh. So let’s pause and lament the fact that I can’t remember all the funny things I was just thinking of while sitting and thinking just moments ago. Hmmmm. Thinking. Thinking. Lamenting. Lamenting. Remembering other things I could be doing right now. Lamenting again. Okay, back to the post. Stop lamenting now. I have now thoroughly forgot everything about this post and will have to start all over.

I have a system to just about every part of my life. There is an inherent order to all that I do. Although, I think this is good for the most part it can become a bit constraining. For instance, I’m sure most people have found themselves in this situation. I go to a restaurant and order something that I just think will taste great and if I return to that place I more than likely will order the same dish. However, once this is done I have now worn myself a rut and I find it very difficult to justify leaving that rut and spending money on another dish that has the potential to not be as equally satisfying. This is especially true of Mexican restaurants. I don’t understand any Asian menus so this doesn’t necessarily hold true for that type of establishment. I basically have to be adventurous if I go Asian because it is all like a bungee jump. However, for Mexican I have a general idea of what I’m getting into and therefore that knowledge breeds indecision. In a group I will generally desire to go last so I can hear what other people are ordering and then I will quickly read the description of what they are ordering from the menu. Sometimes I will look up at the person and back at the menu several times to try and figure out why that person would order something so unappetizing. I think I am waiting for that person to say “just kidding” to the waiter and look around the table for the smiles and laughter from everyone else. On some occasions I have gotten, and given, some mistaken signals. There have been times where the person orders a meal that I think is very unappealing and look at them with a smile to try and reread them. They in turn are looking at me for some sort of approval. So with my smile they feel justified in ordering what I would consider a dumb move. And with the smile they feel they have made a good choice. Nonverbal communication is so important because of what is not said as well as what is. Anyway, none of this has to do with Jimmy D. so I should probably continue this at another time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speedy Gonzales, Numbero Uno, con frijoles ...

every stinkin' time

Talk about ruts ...

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, okay ...

numero, not numbero.

My Spanish keyboard has an American accent.

Mi teclado español tiene un acento americano.

10:52 AM  
Blogger T A Lucas said...

that's funny.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home