Name:
Location: MO

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Airport Security




Traveling by an airplane can always be an adventure and this latest trip was no exception. The best kind of air travel is if you do it with only a carry-on bag. Otherwise you run the risk of loosing all your “good” stuff in some distant land when you need it most. Remember that the airport people check not only the size of your carry-on but also the weight. I once traveled for 6 weeks, couple days here then fly there for a few days and so on, with my only possession being a backpack filled with my essentials. Well, I was 5 lbs. overweight and they had to check it on under the plane. The last thing said to me in regards to this bag was “You’ll see it again in Geneva.”. He was right but 2 days late. Therefore, armed with this experience in mind and with all the hullabaloo about whether or not a person can bring baby formula on board the plane I thought it would be prudent to do some investigating and see what I would and would not be allowed to bring on board the aircraft.

Here are some selected items that you are not permitted to bring on board an airplane in a carry-on bag as found on an official government approved website called www.tsa.gov:
Hand grenades
Dynamite
Billy Clubs
Axes and Hatchets
Cattle Prods

It’s not that I object to these items not being allowed I’m just imagining the line of people waiting to get on board the plane holding these items in hand one after another, and the look of innocent disappointment at the realization of not being allowed to bring them along their travels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope....I haven't ever seen anyone wanting to bring those things on board. I did, however, recently hear of a young lady unable to take a butane powered curling iron or maybe it was a hair dryer (I never have heard of such a thing) to the third-world country in which she is working.

I accidentally put my toothpaste in my carry-on pack on my return flight from PA recently. I had to toss it when I tried to get through security. It was more than 3 oz.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home